My name is Eva Milla. I am an English and French to Spanish freelance translator, editor and writer.
My love of language and communication led me to study journalism, and shortly afterwards, my interest in foreign languages took me to Paris to live. There I began working for Agence France-Presse (AFP), one of the top press agencies in the world, as a translator, editor and writer for their Spanish-language services. I spent several years on international politics, economics, science and culture, before switching to the sports service. I then began travelling around the world to cover major sporting events, including tennis and volleyball tournaments, the World Cup and the Olympic Games, which took me to Europe and Asia.
After several years, I decided to return to Spain and establish myself as a freelance translator. As I was not lacking in experience, I set about supplementing my training. Today, I concentrate on what I do best: translating, editing, copy editing and writing.
Accuracy, essential to both journalism and translation; the tireless search for the best possible text to convey exactly what you want to communicate; and close attention to detail – these are the standards I aspire to in my work.
They are always accompanied by maintaining total confidentiality, meeting agreed upon deadlines and fulfilling the specific needs of each of my clients with utter professionalism.
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR: ENGLISH and FRENCH to SPANISH
SWORN TRANSLATOR and INTERPRETER: FRENCH–SPANISH
SPECIALIZED in MARKETING, TOURISM and CREATIVE TRANSLATION
WRITER for AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE (AFP), PARIS, 2000–2011
DEGREE in JOURNALISM from the UNIVERSIDAD COMPLUTENSE de MADRID
- French sworn translator/interpreter (no. 11187) – Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (2017)
- Consecutive French–Spanish interpretation – TRÁGORA FORMACIÓN (2017)
- Sworn translator test preparation course, FRENCH – ISTRAD (2016)
- Tourism translation, FR–ES – ISTRAD (2015)
- Postediting with Adobe InDesign – AulaSIC (2014)
- Website translation – AulaSIC (2014)
- SDL Trados Studio 2011 – AulaSIC (2013)
- Translation practicum, FR–ES – Cálamo&Cran (2011)
- Professional copy editing – Cálamo&Cran (2010)
- DALF C2 French exam – Ministère de l’Éducation Nationale, France (2009)
- Literary and journalism translation – FIDESCU (2008)
- SDL Trados Studio 2017, MemSource, MateCat, Poedit
- Advanced Office Suite – Academia Gonzalo de Berceo (2011)
- Typing – 350 cpm, certified by Mecarapid (2011)
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBER – PROZ
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBER – SOCIEDAD ESPAÑOLA DE LENGUAS MODERNAS (SPANISH MODERN LANGUAGES SOCIETY – SELM)
- MEMBER – FEDERACIÓN DE ASOCIACIONES DE PERIODISTAS DE ESPAÑA (FEDERATION OF JOURNALISTS ASSOCIATIONS OF SPAIN – FAPE)
- MEMBER – COLEGIO DE PERIODISTAS DE LA RIOJA (LA RIOJA JOURNALISTS ASSOCIATION)